Senior Instrument Mechanician - SAL18/116
Applications accepted until:
Number of Openings
Equity Statement:ArcelorMittal South Africa is a designated employer in terms of the Employment Equity Act.
- Grade 12/ N3 or equivalent NQF4 qualification
- Qualified Instrument Mechanician (trade tested)
Experience and Requirements:
- 5+ Years experience in instrumentation
- Relevant plant experience
- Sound knowledge of Instrumentation systems and the maintenance of measuring and control equipment
- Knowledge of analytical equipment (e.g. Gas analyzers)
- Safety conscious
- Able to work in a team
- Physically fit
- Good communication skills
- Highly motivated
- Must be willing to work overtime
- Exposure to Working on Heights, Confined Spaces and HCS (Hazardous Chemical Substance).
- Specific knowledge and experience in relation to Midrex/Corex/RMH processes and technology will be highly advantageous.
- Good knowledge of and skills application in the technical fields of control valves, analyzers, transmitters, weighing equipment, Radio Act equipment is required.
Key Performance Areas:
- High-level installation, commissioning, maintenance, and reconditioning of Instrumentation equipment within area of responsibility
- Implementation of systems within the Instrumentation environment
- Complete tasks as requested by SAP work orders, notifications, schedules, and defect reports
- Render an efficient service, which includes ISO 9002, ISO 14001 and ISO 18001
- Perform standby duties