Superintendent - SAL18/091
Applications accepted until:
Number of Openings
Department:Water Treatment Plant
- N3 / NQF 4: Artisan trade / NQF 5: Electrical Technician.
- Formal recognized trade qualifications as Millwright / Electrician / Technician with competencies and certification for high voltage switching.
- SANS 10142: Wireman license will be advantageous.
Experience and Requirements:
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years relevant plant experience.
- Previous applicable maintenance supervisory experience (electrical & mechanical) and or formal supervisory skills development will be advantageous.
- Performing isolation and switching duties of 11kV; 3.3kv and 525 V, certification as a competent person.
- Instrumentation experience to support the daily WTP requirements.
- The necessary understanding and knowledge of Water Treatment Plant processes and Reverse Osmosis quality operational parameters.
- Good knowledge and technical skills application in the broad spectrum of mechanical and electrical engineering / plant maintenance as well as applicable plant processes , technology and equipment
- Sound knowledge and application of skills relating to applicable process / technology/ equipment and operating and control systems related to water treatment plant operations
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Performance driven and outcome orientation
- Good knowledge and application of plant processes for ZED practices and compliances.
- Basic knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001:2015, ISO 9000 an well as OSHAS 18001:2007
- Sound SAP ( MM and PM module ) knowledge and skills as well as good computer literacy skills
- Good knowledge of applicable lockout and isolation procedures.
- Must be appointed as a Permit Issuer in accordance to the PTW system.
- Sound knowledge and application of supervisory skills.
- Team player.
Key Performance Areas:
- Reporting to and support of the Manager WTP Operations.
- Performing isolation and switching duties of 11kV; 3.3kv and 525 V, subject to certification as a competent person.
- Instrumentation problem solving.
- Execute plant maintenance plan for electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Implement and comply with FPS.
- Promote safety initiative on WTP.
- Managing and the support of plant operational functions including faultfinding and implement corrective action.
- Providing sound technical advice and guidance to engineering , plant operations personnel , contractors , service providers and technology suppliers
- Manage equipment reliability to support water quality control processes of the various systems.
- Supervision of plant maintenance employees.
- Identify and initiate CI initiatives.
- Coaching and development of subordinates.
- Provide technical leadership , support and advise as well as co ordination ( where applicable ) in terms of plant, process and technology inputs related to planned shutdowns, breakdowns, maintenance plans and the initiation and execution of plant modifications and process optimization and plant operations
- Implement WCM initiatives to ensure equipment availability and plant reliability.
- Manage risk to minimize exposure to safety, environmental and operational hazards
- Initiate technical investigations and projects.
- Develop and maintain technical procedures and maintain applicable documentation and administrative systems.
- Efficient scheduled maintenance execution of transformer maintenance, breaker & relay maintenance.
- Preventative substation maintenance practice.
- Comply with Zero Effluent procedures and operations.