HR Consultant - LSP(N) 2018.077
Applications accepted until:
Number of Openings
- Applicable B Degree in the field of Human Resources or Behavioral Sciences (NQF6/8 or NQF 7/10)
- Management Advancement Program will be an advantage
Experience and Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience as HR practitioner in a manufacturing environment.
- In depth knowledge of a production and services organisation work environment.
- Sound knowledge of corporate and shared services interface.
- Analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Planning and execution skills.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Team facilitation and change management skills.
- Preferably sound knowledge and understanding of ArcelorMittal policies and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of recruitment strategies, principles and procedures.
- Sound knowledge and skills within the field of labour legislation and relevant agreements with organized labour.
- Knowledge and experience in bargaining council dispute resolution procedures.
- Knowledge of Employment Equity legislation and company directives on transformation.
- Working knowledge and skills application of job evaluation principles and organisation development methodology.
- Computer literacy - MS Word, Excel, Power Point, SAP modules, Time management system.
- Customer and relationship-building orientation.
- Precision and detail orientation.
- Results and action inclination.
- Personal achievement and development orientation.
Key Performance Areas:
- Initiate, plan, execute, co-ordinate the integrated Human Resource activities within the Business Unit.
- Advise and facilitate the application of HR policies, rules, procedures and standards within the Business Unit.
- Advise on, facilitate and execute the applicable IR/ER practices and procedures relating to disciplinary cases; grievances; consultations; industrial action events; conflict and dispute resolution and union and employee forums.
- Maintain and advise on internal union governance structures at plant level
- Advise and facilitate implementation of employee relationship-building programs.
- Monitor shop-floor morale; manage union representative enquiries and issues.
- Co-ordinate and/or conduct union/management forums.
- Handle change management initiatives.
- Conduct organization studies on BU level.
- Manage and coordinate the interface between BU and Corporate office.
- Co-ordinate personnel cost planning interventions including vacancy management initiatives at BU level.
- Identify, initiate and support business improvement initiatives within Human Resources.
- Involvement in transformation management program, including social investment.