Occupational Health Practitioner - LSP(N)2018.070
Applications accepted until:
Number of Openings
Department:Health, Safety and Wellness Department
- Relevant Diploma in General Nursing and Occupational Health with registration with SANC supported by relevant qualifications in Audiometry and Spirometry
- Certificates in first aid level 1/2/3 will be an advantage
- Certificate in supplementary Diagnostic Radiography will be an advantage
- Further training in Wound care management will be an advantage
Experience and Requirements:
- Preferably 5 years of experience in an Occupational Health Environment
- Excellent knowledge of Laws and regulations governing Occupational Health in South Africa
- Candidates should have basic computer skills and sound knowledge of document control and record keeping
- Computer literate (Excel, Word).
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- High energy levels and drive for results.
- Able to work independently and under pressure
Key Performance Areas:
- Medical examination and fitness declaration of employees according to minimum medical standards
- Ensure compliance to the Medical Surveillance program including Biological monitoring.
- Counsel and follow up of employees with deviations as identified during medical examination
- Liaise with Occupational Health Specialists on trends identified during annual medical surveillance
- Ensure that quality control measures are implemented at the Medical Station and the Emergency care facility.
- Treat and administer injuries on duty, including emergency dispensing of medicine.
- Injury classification according to ArcelorMittal standards
- Liaise with Medical Practitioners and Specialists regarding wellbeing of injured employees
- Manage appointments with private Specialists
- Notifying of Occupational Diseases and injuries on duty to RMA/COID.
- To conduct workplace inspections and risk assessments.
- Managing of medical incident investigations, Occupational Health investigations and critical follow up cases.
- Health promotion through health education and counselling of employees
- Ordering and recordkeeping of Pharmaceuticals and other stock
- General Administrative duties including filing and safekeeping of Medical Records